Skin & Face Treatments
-SKIN & FACE-
Botox injections are one of the most popular non-surgical cosmetic treatment used to temporarily treat facial wrinkles. It is a neurotransmitter blocker that stops the signals for muscles to contract. As a result, the specific muscle which has been injected relaxes and this relaxation results in wrinkles softening or disappearing.
When BOTOX is started early, the lines are prevented from worsening and eventually with the help of anti-aging procedures and creams, the lines disappear. Thus it is best to start BOTOX early.
BOTOX has a variety of applications including:
- Soften or erase lines on the forehead, around the eyes ( crow’s feet) and brow
- For rejuvenation of aging facial skin and is usually combined with fillers
- Eyebrows can be elevated or reshaped to give either an arch or curved look
- Reshaping the face, for example, to achieve an aesthetically pleasing oval face
- It’s used to slim the face and sharpen and tighten the skin around the jawline- Botox Lift aka the Nefertiti lift.
- To reduce flaring of the nostrils, which then gives the nose a slender look
- To reduce or erase tight neck bands
- To treat bruxism ( grinding of teeth during sleep)
- To treat Hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating of the underarms and hands.
- The more recent applications are for surgical scars, when injected around the scar it reduces the tissue tension and therefore leaves you with a fine scar.
- It also works on keloids in combination with conventional treatments like intralesional steroids and hyaluronidase.
1What to do before Botox treatment?
Avoid taking blood-thinning supplements such as ginkgo, or medications such as aspirin and NSAIDs a few days before treatment, as this increases the chances/severity of bruising.
2How long does it take to have an effect?
It takes 3 – 10 days to have an effect
3How long does the effect of BOTOX last?
The effect lasts for about 4 to 6 months. However, once BOTOX is administered consistently, the duration lengthens and less BOTOX is needed.
4What are the complications?
Complications are usually bruising or redness at the injected site which takes from 5 to 10 days to heal. Serious complications are rare, with eyelid ptosis being the most common. When administered by an expert, complications are rare.
5Does one age more once BOTOX treatment is stopped?
Not really. The skin returns to the original state. However, everyone ages, some faster than others. BOTOX reduces active lines but its effect on the aging process is small. Therefore BOTOX should always be combined with anti-aging procedures and creams.
6Does Botox treatment result in a frozen or shocked look?
There is always a fear that one will look frozen. The frozen look is due to excessive BOTOX. An experienced BOTOX injector treats the lines and makes it softer, so the patient is able to make normal facial expressions and get a natural look.
7What are the post-care instructions?
After the treatment, for the first 24 hours, you are advised not to exercise and swim. Avoid bleach or makeup for the next 12 hours as it may cause a burning sensation at the points of the needle prick.
8What is Mesobotox?
MesoBotox involves injecting multiple small doses of Botox into the skin of the face to minimize pores and to achieve an improved sheen on the face with smooth skin, tighter pores and yet the ability to move all the deeper muscles of the face thus retaining a natural, no “plastic” appearance.