A chemical peel is a technique that involves the application of a peel solution on the skin which causes it to exfoliate and improve the texture of the skin. Constant friction and regular waxing of bikini hair can lead to recurrent episodes of folliculitis and pigmentation of the bikini area.
1When to avoid Chemical Peels?
Consult with your dermatologist if you are
- Pregnant or lactating.
- Suffering from active infections, folliculitis or active Herpes sores.
2PRE PEEL INSTRUCTIONS
- No bikini waxing for one week prior to your peel.
- No usage of exfoliating and lightening products for 2-3 days prior to your peel.
3POST CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Avoid washing with hot water and harsh soaps for 24 hours. Bikini area can be cleaned with tap water and soap substitutes.
- No bikini waxing for one week after your peel.
- Avoid physical activity/sweating for 24 hours after your peel (this can reactivate the tingling sensation from your peel)
- Do not pick, peel or scratch your skin while skin is healing after your peel.
- Do not use any abrasive exfoliating products while skin is healing after your peel.