Skin & Face Treatments
-SKIN & FACE-
A chemical peel is a technique that involves the application of a peel solution on the skin which causes it to exfoliate and eventually peel off giving way to the generation of fresh skin. The new, regenerated skin is usually smoother, radiant, hydrated and youthful.
At INDYU we have an extensive range of over 15 peels and each individual skin is assessed and treated accordingly with single to multiple sessions.
1Benefits of Chemical Peels?
- Exfoliation and rejuvenation of sun-damaged skin
- Oil control and reduction of open pores
- Reduction of active acne and post-acne spots, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation or spots following skin conditions like dermatitis, eczema, etc.
- Improvement of melasma(karimangalam)
- Reduction of fine lines and wrinkles
- Improvement of skin hydration
2When to avoid Chemical Peels?
Consult with your dermatologist if you are:
- Pregnant or lactating.
- Taking Isotretinoin tablets within the past six months.
- Suffering from active psoriasis, dermatitis, cuts or broken skin, sunburns or active Herpes sores.
3PRE TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS
- No facial waxing for one week prior to your peel.
- No Retinol or retinol A products for 3 days prior to your peel.
- No Bleaching one week prior to your peel.
- No Glycolic Acid use for 24 hours prior to your peel.
4POST TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS
- Avoid direct sunlight for 2 weeks after your peel.
- No facial waxing for one week after your peel.
- Avoid physical activity/sweating for 24 hours after your peel (this can reactivate the tingling sensation from your peel).
- Do not pick, peel or scratch your skin during the time of healing.
- Do not use any abrasive exfoliating products while skin is healing after your peel.